Follow us on Facebook for available dogs and dogs coming soon!
CalPaws is always looking for more foster homes. If you’ve ever wanted to foster a dog, this is a great time to jump in! A little bit about fostering with CalPaws:
Our dogs mainly come from shelters or they are surrendered to us by owners for various reasons. We accept most breeds, but lean towards large breed dogs like Shepherds and Malinois, and working dogs like Border Collies and Australian Shepherds. We also have a special place in our hearts for puppies and their mamas.
We work hard to support our foster families as they are the backbone of rescue.
What we provide:
- All food for your foster dog or puppy.
- All authorized veterinary care for your foster dog.
- Support for any questions or behavior problems you might encounter with your foster dog.
- Loan of a crate. We encourage crate training for our foster dogs. A crate provides a secure transition for them into their new homes.
- Other equipment such as food & water bowls, bedding, brushes, toys, leash and collar for your foster dog.
What we ask you to provide:
- Love, cuddles and playtime
- Some training (the basics – sit, stay, down). In some cases, we may bring in a trainer to work with you and your foster dog.
- Transportation to vet visits (and if you can’t make it to an appointment, let us know so we can arrange someone to pick up and return your foster dog)
- Review adoption applications if you feel comfortable doing so. We feel that you, as the foster parent, know the dog best, and will be able to tell if a family will be a good fit.
If you are interested in fostering with us, please fill out the online foster application below.
If you have any questions about the process please feel free to ask.
*Note, if you rent your home, we will need you to provide a signed permission form from your landlord allowing you to foster large breed dogs.